Monday 11 July 2011

Day 6 - birthday fun!


This is a birthday I won’t forget. Today is my 17th birthday and who would of thought I would be celebrating it in the UK with all my 9-11 friends. I had so much fun. This morning it was time to leave Scotland and head on to London. On the way to London we made a stop at the Alnwick Castle. At this castle Harry Potter was filmed. For me I found that really interesting since I am a huge Harry Potter fan. I have seen every movie and cant wait to the July 15 when the next one comes out. Along with Harry Potter being filmed there I learned that a family owned the entire estate. When the lady at the castle told us this I was amazed. I couldn’t believe that the castle was someone’s home. The family did not even live there all year long. It was only a winter home.

While at the castle we celebrated my birthday. It’s an America’s Camp tradition to have a throwing of the cake for the person whose birthday it is. So while we were at the castle, Mike literally threw a cake at me while all the other kids gathered around and made a wall. The tradition is to throw the cake with it not in a box and make a mess but since we had to go back on the bus we kept it in the box. Everyone counted down and then the next thing I knew the cake was airborne and I caught it so it was good luck. The counsellors all got me a picture frame. Everyone was really great. I couldn’t of asked for a better birthday. Oh and how can I forget to top it off at dinner tonight when we finally got to London after our never ending bus ride the BROMAN EMPIRE sang happy birthday to me. This is definitely a birthday I will remember forever.
                                                                                        -Victoria Santorelli J

No comments:

Post a Comment